One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Some Clay in a Manger: Clips from Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas

Just a little break from the usual eleventh-hour chaos of Christmas Eve.

I saw this when it originally aired on TV (dear God, how long ago was that?) and laughed my eggnog-soaked arse off. Never, in my humble opinion, has there been a more original, warm-hearted, and just plain enjoyable embrace of the classic Christmas carols on the small screen.

Imagine my joy when I found them again, courtesy of this user on Youtube.

Here's a couple of my favorite segments from that special:

"Angels We Have Heard On High", performed by two walruses and a posse of pitilessly pummeled penguins...



....and "Carol of the Bells", as rendered by Notre Dame's Paris Bellharmonic Orchestra, conducted by -- well, who else?



If you like, you can find the rest of the clips that are up on Youtube by clicking on the user's link above. I just really loved these two, and felt like sharing. :O)

We now return you to your last-minute shopping. Good luck, and aim high.