One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

What Price Oil? (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Hug a Tree)

I don't know about anyone else, y'all, but I'm confused by something.

If there was a way to bring gas prices down, provide more power, heat and fuel to the taxpaying residents of this great nation, and not be nearly so dependent on other nations for our energy needs... I would think we'd all be for it.

I found a bunch of places to check for the facts on this. Here's some of them (one of them being the official site of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge). They seem to lay out a pretty good case for using a VERY small chunk of the ANWR to do just that, or at least get us started in that direction, without affecting the nearby environment all that much. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it seems to me that in terms of our own energy resources, we're starting to run out of other options.

So, seriously....what's stopping us?

Take a wild guess.

Yep. The usual suspects. The ones who can't pull their heads outta their backpacks long enough to realize that the world doesn't revolve solely around what they want...but what we all need.

Well, how's this for an idea.....Ask the people who know best.