One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Ramsey Suspect's Confession Coming Under Fire (see post below)

There's news coming out now that's starting to make this look rather shakier than at first light. Allahpundit of Hot Air and Kevin Aylward of Wizbang are reporting, among other things, that some parts of Karr's confession are not shaping up very well to the specifics of the crime. (Thanks, guys...I have a sadly limited amount of time to do this stuff in the morning, or I'd be a little more informed on it myself.) Check 'em out, y'all...these guys are far better at this than I.

I was thinking of something else while at work last night, too, which both Allah and Kevin have touched on:
It was mentioned yesterday that the case seemed to have started pointing at Karr, at least in part, due to his conversations with Michael Tracey, a journalism professor at the University of Colorado. Supposedly, Karr had contacted Tracey because of his own interest in the case (Tracey has made several documentaries around the Ramsey murder, and Karr is said by his ex-wife to have read heavily into the case as well, along with that of Polly Klaas). And somewhere along the way, Tracey got suspicious of Karr's true motives and started letting the fuzz in on their talks.

I'm sure I'm probably just seeing shadows here, folks... but something about this aspect of the case is raising my wolf hairs, and not just because there was a perverted creep involved. I may try to look into this a bit more as time rolls on.