One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Clan Stander Hits the Heartland

Apologies for the lack of reading material lately...Me and mine just got back from a very relaxing return to my ancestral home state of Iowa. (You know...Iowa. They grow corn there.)

Among other things, I got to take a cruise on an old-fashioned paddle-wheeler, tooled around in a big wooden maze (which my kid got through much quicker than either of his parents, I might add...rassin'-frassin-little-smart-ass), and partied with some old acquaintances in the house of the Three Kings. (I got a signed drumstick to prove it, too. So there. Nyah.)

All in all, a jaunt well worth the 16-hour drive.

Onward.