One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Thanks of an Ungrateful Nutjob: Presenting Mike Whitney

I'd like to introduce you to someone I accidentally bumped into this morning. His name is Mike Whitney, and he lives in the state of Washington.
I say "accidentally" because I wasn't looking for him at the time. Hell, I'd never even heard of him.

While conducting my usual morning recon, I stumbled upon a post by Jason of CounterColumn concerning this article written by Whitney:

"Why America Must Be Defeated in Iraq"

Not exactly a popular opinion in my household, to be sure. But, in the interest of fuller disclosure, I went ahead and did a little extra digging....and found quite a few little gems of "Whitney-cism".

Here's Whitney writing....for Al-Jazeera.
Here's Whitney writing....for the Palestine Chronicle.
And here's Whitney writing....in a few other places that probably WISH they were Al-Jazeera and the Palestine Chronicle.

Boy, I'm glad I found this guy. Now I get to tell him something that he would probably rather not hear from some of us.....

YOU'RE WELCOME.