One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Ears of Laura Mansfield (or "Pay No Attention to the Imam Behind the Curtain")

Tip o'the rock to my good friend SupeDuJour for pointing this one out to me.

-----------------------

A little background first, if you will kindly humor me.

Not many people know this, but in the course of my brief military career, I picked up a smattering of the Arabic language. This came in very handy during my time in Operation Desert Storm, and aided me greatly in understanding the people I interacted with out there.

Since then, of course, I have had little enough cause to use what I learned that my skills in Arabic have deteriorated quite a bit. At this point, I think I can safely say that I now know just enough of the language to go out and get my butt kicked on the block in Dearborn, Michigan.

But then, I'm just some guy who learned a little Arabic.

Allow me, gentle reader, to introduce you to a professional....Laura Mansfield.

Laura has been working her way through the issues of the Middle East for a goodly chunk of the last twenty years or so (she lived there for seven of them), and as such knows better than just about anyone what makes the Arab world tick.
She has worked with such entities as the United States Embassy and USAID (US Agency for International Development), and is currently assistant director of the Northeast Intelligence Network.
In other words, if you want someone on your side who really knows what we're up against in the war on terror, she's your man.

This time, however, she didn't have to go to the Middle East to find Allah.
This time, Allah came to her....or at least his "representatives" did.

And they had some interesting things to say when they thought her back was turned.

Read on at the link above, and keep in mind....this happened HERE.