One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

To All Soldiers, Past And Present....

My humblest apologies.

I had hoped to create my very first slideshow in tribute to the fallen and still-standing amongst you on Memorial Day, but was unable to do so due to a nasty little surprise known as "DRM" -- Digital Rights Management.

Basically, I bought a download of a beautiful piece of music by Bobby McFerrin...his gorgeous rendition of "The 23rd Psalm", which he dedicated to his mother.

Then, when I tried to import the song into Windows Movie Maker to start the project...WHAM! The import was denied, thanks to a little piece of code somewhere in the clip which is apparently designed to limit how I can use the clip....

AFTER I've already paid for it. *Sigh*

Oh, well. Enough with the useless bitching. It's not getting me anywhere.

Sorry, folks. I'll get it right next time.

As a token of good faith, I hereby present a ready-made collage accompanied by another song that haunts me...considering where we buried my father about six years ago.

Keep a box of Kleenex handy, friends...this one just plain HURTS.



Courtesy of 2ndLT Mistie Beardmore, JROTC, Mesquite High School. (The Force is STRONG in this one.)

Well done, Cadet. Keep up the good work.