One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Liar, The Bitch, and The War Zone -- Part Deux

Well, lo and behold...I come back a couple days later, and I find a clip that goes EXACTLY where I was headed, by comparing the things Hillary said to the Code Pink group to what she told the crowds while stumping in Iowa on the 27th of January THIS year.

Okay...remember all that stuff she told the Pinkos four years ago -- behind closed doors, mind you -- about how glad she was that, all those years ago in Kosovo, "we did it alone as the United States. And we had to do it alone"?

Now, flash-forward to the song-n-dance she gave the good people of Iowa last weekend about a war the Clintons AREN'T in charge of, and....

Ta-DAAAH! A completely different story!
"I said that we should not go to war unless we have allies. So, he took the authority that I and others gave him, and he misused it. And I regret that deeply...."

Four years ago, she had been patiently gathering and studying information about Saddam's exploits "for more than a decade".

Last Saturday...POOF! It was gone in a flash:
"....And if we had known then what we know now, there never would've been a vote, and I never would've voted to give this president that authority!"

Four years ago, when the time came to decide whether to go after Saddam, she said SHE voted for the resolution "after carefully reviewing the information and intelligence that I had available".

Last Saturday...."What, me? (looks around, then shrugs) Don't look at me. I'M not the one in charge here."
"I think it's the height of responsibility, and I really resent it. This was HIS decision to go to war, he went with an ill-conceived plan and an incompetently executed strategy, and WE should expect HIM to extricate our country from this before he leaves office."

Translation: "...because the last thing I need right now is for us to win the war in Iraq on HIS watch."

As for her husband's record as a terror-fighter....well, here's what he said last September about his efforts to round up Osama bin Laden:
WALLACE: "Do you think you did enough, sir?"
CLINTON: "No, because I didn't get him."
WALLACE: "Right --"
CLINTON: "But at least I tried. That's the difference in me and some, including ALL the right-wingers who are attacking me now. They ridicule me for trying. They had eight months to try. They did NOT try. I tried. So I tried and failed."

....and here's what he said -- yep, you guessed it -- four years earlier (emphasis mine):
"We'd been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start dealing with him again. They released him. At the time, in '96, he had committed no crime against America, so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America. So I pleaded with the Saudis to take him, 'cause they could have. But they thought it was a hot potato and they didn't, and that's how he wound up in Afghanistan."

In the end, the only thing he really tried was our patience.

So there you have it. What they said then, and what they say now.

Keep this in mind as we approach the 2008 Presidential election.

Do we REALLY want to give these two used-car salesmen a crack at the ultimate do-over?