One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Two Words (Midterm Election Edition)

....for anyone who thinks it won't make a difference if they vote or not:

PRESIDENT PELOSI.

Think I've gone crazy? Perhaps.

But it cannot be argued that, if the Democratic Party gains too much power in the House and Senate today...the possibility DOES exist in the not-too-distant future.

Keep this in mind, too....we Americans aren't the only ones with a stake in this election.

I'll shut up now, and let you get on with your day. But I'll leave you with this bit of prose from one of my favorite people in the world (who, by the way, happens to be a Canadian):
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose free will

---Neil Peart, lyricist and percussionist
for the rock band Rush
Do your duty, y'all. Go out today and vote.

The only way you'll regret it...is if you don't.