One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

And Now, Some Good News For A Change

The 150th Army Aviation Battalion came home to Wheeling, WV from Iraq yesterday, to a rousing welcome headed up by Patriot Guard Riders both here and in Colorado, where they initially landed upon their return to the States.

From what I've read on this thread on the PGR forum, the welcome-home proceedings were a raging success. Big kudos to the Riders for throwin' our soldiers a kick-ass party.

The best news? If my information is correct, they all came home in one piece.

One of my wife's friends was on hand to welcome her husband home. Bet she's happy as hell right now. ;O)
I'll see if I can get her to let go of him long enough for me to shake his hand and put a beer in it. (Think we can make that happen, hunny?)

Welcome home, mountain warriors. You have honored us all.