One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

An Overdue Apology...

As is plainly obvious, I haven't posted anything for a while.

For this heinous transgression, I can only offer my heartfelt apologies. Times have been a bit rough in our house lately. Bills have gotten bigger, paychecks seem quite a bit smaller, and I find I just don't have the time and/or energy to do much in the way of pontificating on things.

Well, that...and I've been doing some thinking.

It seems to me that trying to become something of a political blogger is a bit more work than I expected and, frankly, a bit monotonous at times. Especially when all there seems to be to say is, "Gee, look what those knuckleheads on the other side are doing today."

And now, of all times, when there are SO many more important things going on in the world than mere political bare-knuckling, it all seems pretty much pointless.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm a little burned out on the whole thing.

And so....from here on out, this little chunk of the blogosphere is going to be changing its focus a bit.
Now and then, I may still point something out in the political scene if it seems interesting.
But from now on, I will try to concentrate more on personal observations on...well, pretty much anything else. Music, movies, kids, laughter, life in general....whatever.

I am sorry if I disappoint. But then I suppose, to borrow a phrase from a musician named Vinx (look him up), this was always supposed to be me beating on a rock and singing the story of my life anyway.

I'll get back on the rock soon, friends. I guess I just had to climb down for a while and get some more solid ground underneath me first.

---Stander