One man's view of the world, from the top of this great big rock somewhere in the middle of God's Country, with an eye toward freedom....or at least some way to get back down without goin' over the edge.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Virginia, United States

Former U.S. Army, SPC E-4, Veteran of Operation Desert Storm. If you are or have ever been a soldier, you have friends in my house.

Monday, August 30, 2004

Since I'm still in the "introductory" mood...

One of the biggest recent phenomenons in Internet life seems to be the rise of the "Milbloggers": active and former soldiers who use the concept of web-logging to provide a military viewpoint to current affairs that was once sorely lacking. I am honored to share a couple of them with you here.

Blackfive shares the story of a soldier, a cop, and a gentleman, who has decided that there is a good way to die.

Jason Van Steenwyk plays his role as a watchdog of the media to the hilt. If a newspaper or TV broadcast gets something wrong in their coverage of the military, you can bet he finds it before they do.

Look, I promise, I'll have something original to say eventually.